Anyway, we went to Beaver Camp last weekend, the culmination of the Beavering year. (And also my last official act as a Beaver leader. Next year I get to hold the reins of the Cub Pack as Akela.)
We stayed at
- Hawkeye dropping the sister of one of our Beavers into the lake and then running like a coward. (We’ve got video evidence)
- Lily and Kim’s boat ride
- The birth of the BubbleStar Galactica (pictures to follow at some point) and The Holder – Nick’s boat
- A campfire where nothing went very right but nothing went terribly wrong
- Capture the flag with the most cheating per game (CPG) that I have ever seen.
- Soccer where Granny shone and I kicked a ball at a 12 year old harder than I should have.
- Archery that left a bruise on my forearm. At least it didn’t stay all raised and bumpy.
- Pouring from a big pot, out of a ladel. (Give a couple seconds after your first dip. It lets the grounds settle a little)
- Chopping wood
- Scraping congealed fat off of the hood fan with first a chef’s knife and then a metal egg-flipper
- Cleaning toilets and mopping the bathroom, wearing soggy socks
All in all, it was another great camp. Here’s looking forward to Cubs next year!